First Seminar

Today, it is my frist time to attend a seminar which directed for newly graduated or employee that just transferred or accepted into company. There are many seminar’s topics that you can actually attend and learn about how-to Japanese business. This seminar is apparently free of charge from the company. I found it pretty amusing and interesting at the same time.

I arrived at the place around 30 mins before meeting time. Sign at the door said that they will begin the reception process 15 mins before starting time. After everything was done and I got in the room, the room environment is fairly huge, could fit around 80 people in there with 3 columns, tables for 2 each. As you expected, no one really sit in front, so I sit there. Room started to filled and all the seats are occupied. The lecturer came and start his lecture right on time.

The core lesson is actually interesting. Actually learnt many things about how Japanese business works, especially how it is different from American style business. Result is everything. How to be professional and how people treated each other in the company. The way of thinking by using, what, when. who, and how strategy. Overall, the lecture is not that boring at all! The lecturer is very attentive and not really mono-tone talking at all.

During the lecture, there are parts that they let us form groups (which is basically with the people who share the same desk with you and the 2 in front), introduce each others and discuss the question that has been given by lecturer. 4 mins … really… 4 mins to discuss. No one in my group speak anything, so I took the initiate and start the conversation. One of my group members is from Animation company or art design and another two are from the same companies, IT based company it seems. Overall there are 2 set of questions.

After it finished, we have to write report to our company and the seminar place, now, that’s the problem. Japanese!, So I did not write them down in Japanese, but English. Hopefully it works.

Then instead of have lunch break before going back to the office, I went to see skin doctor because I have been diagnose to some weird symptoms around my back. Sigh. Doc said that I had too much stress.



Hate having shit loads of meds (/o_o)

Cheers! Working on Sat as well!

2 comments: